Research Librarian - 12 month contract - Perth
Ashurst is a leading global law firm. We advise Australian and international corporations, financial institutions and government clients. We are a full service commercial law firm practising in all areas of law, from corporate, banking, tax, employment, intellectual property and dispute resolution, to energy and resources, infrastructure and investment advice.
We have 28 offices in 16 countries as well as other associated offices. With over 400 partners and 1,700 lawyers, we offer the international insight of a global network combined with local market knowledge and expertise.
Ashurst's Library & Research Team has an exciting opportunity for a Research Librarian to join on a 12 month contract (full-time) based in Perth and reporting to the National Research Manager.
As part of a national research team, this role uses a range of subscription and freely available legal and business research databases and resources to provide in-depth and solution-focused legal and business research to lawyers and support staff within Ashurst's Australian office. This role will also be responsible for delivering training to legal and support staff in the Perth office in either a one-on-one or group environment, including delivery of our Graduate Research Skills Program.
Responsibilities of the role will include;
- Manage and maintain the Perth library collection, liaising with team leaders as required to ensure the collection meets their team's information needs
- Provide research support to lawyers working in Ashurst's offices in Asia Pacific region including Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing
- Provide after-hours research support to Ashurst lawyers working on the East Coast
- Deliver training sessions to legal and support staff across a range of legal research topics
- Build working relationships with stakeholders in the Perth office and promote the library and its role within the firm
- Participate in local and national projects
The successful candidate will be able to offer;
- Excellent reference and research skills with experience in a legal library environment
- Sophisticated knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subscription and freely available legal and business research databases and tools
- Experience presenting training and understanding of adult learning principles / information literacy
- Professional library qualifications (eligible for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent problem solving skills demonstrating critical, reflective and creative thinking
- Commitment to life-long learning and professional development
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision and show initiative
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals.
For more information and to apply, see the Seek advertisement.