Ashurst is a leading global law firm. We advise Australian and international corporations, financial institutions and government clients. We are a full service commercial law firm practising in all areas of law, from corporate, banking, tax, employment, intellectual property and dispute resolution, to energy and resources, infrastructure and investment advice.
We have 28 offices in 16 countries as well as other associated offices. With over 400 partners and 1,700 lawyers, we offer the international insight of a global network combined with local market knowledge and expertise.
Ashurst's Library & Research Team has an exciting opportunity for a Research Librarian to join on a 12 month contract (full-time) based in Melbourne and reporting to the National Research Manager.
As part of a national research team, this role uses a range of subscription and freely available legal and business research databases and resources to provide in-depth and solution-focused legal and business research to lawyers and support staff within Ashurst's Australian office. This role may also be required to deliver training to legal and support staff at Ashurst, both in person and virtually in either a one-on-one or group environment.
Responsibilities of the role will include;
- Provide in-depth advice and support to internal and external client research requests using a range of subscription and freely available resources
- Work as part of the national research team, responding to both simple and complex research requests from internal and external clients
- Build working relationships with stakeholders in the Melbourne office and promote the library and its role within the firm
- Maintain online research guides, checklists and other training materials
- Participate in local and national projects
The successful candidate will be able to offer;
- Excellent reference and research skills with experience in a legal library environment
- Sophisticated knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subscription and freely available legal and business research databases and tools
- Professional library and information management qualifications (eligible for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Solution-focused approached to problem solving with critical, reflective and creative thinking
- Commitment to life-long learning and professional development
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision and show initiative
At Ashurst, you'll have the opportunity to work in an environment that encourages learning and excellence with some of Australia's leading professionals.
For more information and to apply, see the Seek advertisement.