The Library and information services sector is continually changing and the IFLA Trend Report identified five top level trends which will play a key role in shaping the information industry.
- New technologies will both expand and limit who has access to information.
- Online education will democratise and disrupt global learning.
- The boundaries of privacy and data protection will be redefined.
- Hyper-connected societies will listen to and empower new voices and groups.
- The global information environment will be transformed by new technologies.
ALLA(WA) Past President - Mawghan Elverd.
Acting Knowledge Manager, Jackson McDonald.