The successful candidate will be expected to prepare a report on the conference and present it to ALLA (WA) members upon their return.
Further details and selection criteria can be found below. For details about the conference, please visit the ALLA website: http://www.alla.asn.au/news-events/conferences/alla-2016/ or the official ALLA 2016 Conference website: http://allaconference.com.au/2016/
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th May 2016 (AWST). The successful applicant will be notified by Friday 27th May 2016.
Applications addressing the attached selection criteria can be emailed to Alice Hewitt – email@example.com . You will be sent an email confirming receipt of your application within 1-2 business days.
ALLA (WA) would like to thank Wolters Kluwer CCH for their generous sponsorship of this award and their continued support of the Association.
Please note this Bursary is only open to members of ALLA (WA). If you are interested in joining, see http://www.alla.asn.au
ALLA (WA Division) – Guidelines for Selection of Candidates for the ALLA (WA
Division) Conference Bursary
Applications should include the following details:
- Current CV including name and address, position details, experience, qualifications, and the contact details of two referees.
- Any contributions made by the applicant to law librarianship.
- Any ALLA(WA) committee positions held by applicant or involvement with the group (non-committee members can still apply).
- Any special projects undertaken and relevant to law librarianship.
- Any awards or professional recognition.
- Any published documentation.
The following selection criteria must be addressed:
- Current membership of the ALLA.
- Participation in and understanding of ALLA activities at a state level.
- Commitment to professional development, with an emphasis on law librarianship demonstrated by attendance at ALLA functions and events.
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the ALLA(WA) group at conferences and seminars.
- Ability and willingness to produce a verbal and written presentation as feedback to the group about the conference / seminar attended.
- Has not received this Bursary in the last 5 years.
- Varied experience in librarianship, particularly in the law area.
Applications should be submitted by email to the contact name.
- The panel shall comprise of three members of the state committee.
- Any committee member who applies for the Bursary, or is a referee for an applicant, shall withdraw from the panel.
- The President will coordinate the selection process.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- The decision of the panel will be final.
- Applications will be treated confidentially.
- The President will inform the applicants of the winner.
- Details of the successful applicant will be published via email and social media, mirroring the promotion process.
- Call for applications for the Bursary will be advertised via email to all WA Members, and on the ALLA(WA) blog and Twitter account. The Bursary will also be advertised more widely on the ALLA(WA) (previously ALLGWA) mailing list but for members only to apply.
Condition on the successful applicant
- Attendance at the CCH booth at some point throughout the conference for a photo that may be used for social media purposes.
- A written report and verbal presentation to the group will be required within 4 months of attending the conference / seminar. Failure to do so will result in repayment of the full bursary.
- The written report may be published, in whole or in part, on the ALLA (WA) Blog, and/or the Australian Law Librarian Journal.