This position was originally advertised on Seek.com.au
Liaison Librarian, Law
- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $77,207 - $83,573 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Liaison Librarian, Law is a member of the Law Library liaison team which sits within the Scholarly Information portfolio.
About the role
This role provides library liaison services to staff, students and researchers in the Melbourne Law School, Australia's premier law school. Liaison librarians ensure that teaching, learning and research are enhanced through skilled and ethical use of library services and resources. This position particularly focuses on supporting the Law School's learning and teaching programs. Building a network of strong and effective relationships with Law School academics and colleagues is critical to successfully undertaking the role.
As Liaison Librarian, Law you will be passionate about continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your effective communication skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong relationships with clients and colleagues. You will use your knowledge of legal librarianship, legal resources and pedagogy to deliver expert learning and teaching services to the staff and students of the Melbourne Law School. You will participate actively in the Library's extensive program of professional development and opportunities to take the next step in your career in legal or general academic librarianship and information management.
- Post graduate qualifications in librarianship or a relevant discipline and relevant experience. Eligibility for associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Expert knowledge, skills and experience in traditional and emerging areas of academic librarianship to support teaching, learning and research and learning in the Melbourne Law School
- Working knowledge of legal online and print information resources, especially Australian legal resources
- Depth of knowledge and skills for learning and teaching in higher education, such as pedagogy, learning design and digital learning
- Proven ability to initiate and build effective relationships with clients
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 12 Oct 2016
Position Description & Selection Criteria