Manager Integrated Law Library Service (353228)This position was originally advertised on Seek.
Hours per fortnight73.50 hours per fortnight
- Lead, co-ordinate, and develop and library and information services, particularly specialised legal information services in and through the ILLS.
- Provide high level professional advice, recommendations and information to the Management Committee on issues, strategies, and policies relating to library and information services.
- Build and develop cooperative working relationships with Law Society of Tasmania, Crown Law, Magistrates Court and other areas within the Department of Justice and the state government.
- Manage the human, physical, financial, systems, and information resources of the lLLS.
- Manage, develop and maintain the collections of the ILLS libraries including rare and historical items.
- Foster the utilisation of law library and information products and services, particularly online services, through marketing, promotion, and training.
- Design, implement and improve library services to ensure cost-efficiency, enhance usability, and to take advantage of new technology.
- Ensure the timeliness, quality and cost effectiveness of ILLS services by identifying and employing key indicators for measurement, evaluation, management and reporting on service performance and service delivery.
- Lead, direct and support opportunities to promote professional growth and ensure the performance of the staff of the Integrated Law Library Service.
- Represent the ILLS in Tasmanian and interstate forums, and participate in cooperative ventures for the benefit of information services for the legal community in Tasmania.
Essential RequirementsDegree or diploma in Librarianship or Information Studies from a recognised University or College of Advanced Education or a post-graduate diploma in librarianship or information studies, and be eligible for admission to Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
Desirable RequirementsAppropriate qualification and/or experience in legal research.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated DocumentsStatement of Duties (353228) Manager Integrated Law Library Service.doc
Statement of Duties (353228) Manager Integrated Law Library Service.pdf
Information for Applicants (Aug13).doc
Information for Applicants (Aug13).pdf
How to applyOnline applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
For more informationJim Connolly
Registrar Supreme Court
(03) 6165 7451