- Prestigious Australian Law firm
- CBD Location
- Collaborative team & culture
The CompanyA national and leading Australian law firm currently require a Legal Librarian to join their Information Services team on a 12 month contract.The successful candidate will be providing library & research guidance to internal and external clients as well as conducting one on one & group training sessions.
The RoleAs an Information Specialist you will provide effective delivery of library and research assistance to the Sydney office, including but not limited to:
- Assisting internal clients with complex legal research tasks.
- Liaising with the Sydney and national training team regarding the needs of legal staff in Sydney.
- Setting up and maintaining current awareness record and database
- Promoting the library services
- Participating in the national library projects and activities
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience providing library & research services in a legal industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Librarianship or Information management is essential
- A thorough understanding of research methodologies as well as experience in the use of library collections, databases and digital sources in the legal sector.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching clients how to breakdown a research topic, either one on one or in small groups
- A "roll your sleeves" attitude and enjoy working in a team environment.
Interested in working for this top tier firm that has lawyers around the country, with diverse and broad-ranging legal experience across a range of industry sectors?
To apply online, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number 1440 or for a confidential discussion, please call Carmen on 02 8116-4706