Ned Potter, a library marketing guru, delivered a keynote at the LIANZA Conference, #SHOUT15, in New Zealand on 7th November 2015. It was titled 'How to shout so your users will listen (and listen so your users will shout)'.
Ned outlined a Library Marketing Manifesto which in essence are five things we must do to be heard and listened to. These key points are essentially all about communication between us and our communities.
Five things we must do:
1. We will be community orientated
2. We will do what people need, but market what they want
3. We will cater for library novices and for library experts
4. We will keep things simple
5. We will coordinate our marketing campaigns
View the slides here
View the recorded talk here
View the tweets here